Tuesday, January 17, 2012

500 Miles in 2012

Wow.  I used to hate running.  I think I still do a little.  There is no record to prove this, other than a casual conversation with a coworker over Fuddruckers' fries, but waaaaay back in November of 2011, I started thinking about running. I will be thirty this year, and my goal is to be in the best shape that I can be before everything starts migrating south, if you feel me.  So I have started running. 

Someone asked me why I started running, and for the first time, without hesitation, I said 'for me.'  The goal isn't to run a 5K or marathon, or even to join a running club.  Among other reasons, I am running to be healthy! I need more energy to live my absolutely crazy lifestyle.  Plus, "Exercise releases endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy.  Happy people just don't kill their husbands.  They just don't!"
(I do reserve the right to make an exception and run a 5K later this year that is very special to me...more about that later)

Rules: 

1.  Walking around the mall doesn't count.
2.  The treadmill counts
3.  I will start slow.  Halfway goal: July 31st
4.  No looking at the scale!!! It's about being healthy and feeling better; not about the pounds.


I'm sooo ready to hit the ground running!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Kristen go! I'm training for my first ever marathon in June, so I'll be running with you! There's a great app for the iPhone called Runkeeper... it uses GPS to map your outside runs and you can manually enter your treadmill runs. If you're a data nerd like me, it's a lot of fun. Plus, you can track your other activities (swimming, cycling, walking, etc) and have a "Street Team" - friends who also workout. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete